Monday, May 30, 2016

The Good Wife

Whenever a politician is caught in a scandal, there's always an apologetic press conference where the good wife stands stoically by her scumbag husband's side.  I tend to look more at the wife than the husband.  I try to imagine what she must be thinking.  I tend to assume she is planning to make her husband's life miserable, but there are a number of other things she could be thinking. Maybe the wife is a social climbing witch and is only mad at her husband's getting caught.  Who knows.   The Good Wife series starts with the scandal and focuses on the wife throughout the series.  I was hooked from the start.



Juliana Marguiles plays the lead and she's brilliant.  The whole cast is amazing and includes the incredibly handsome Chris Noth as the husband, Christine Baranski, Alan Cumming, Josh Charles and more.

There's more to the series than political couple drama. Alicia, the wife, is a lawyer and the cases that she works on are quite interesting.

This series is one of the best I've watched since starting my love affair with Netflix and Amazon.  I was devastated to learn that season 7 was to be the last.  Everyone I've talked into watching the series has loved it.


- DC

No comments:

Post a Comment